Wednesday 20 October 2010

My Epson printer has finally died

It's a sad day today....
My trusty Epson R265 has finally died after three years of service. Admitedly, we converted it to use a continuous ink system when we bought it so we have saved thousands of pounds, but alas, we couldn't beat the greedy giant, Epson in the end.

It seems that all Epson printers have a self-destruct facility built in. When Epson think you need to give them £50, the printer tells you the ink pads are full. It refuses to work until you take it to Epson and pay them to replace the pads.... even if they are not really full.

How can this be legal I ask?

The printer was only £50 to buy new so.... we throw them away, filling our landfill and buy another one. I think Epson should pay a huge tax on landfill due to their greedy tactics.

Anyhow, that's my moan for the day as I bid farewell to my Epson and I've just installed a new HP 5460. Let's see how long that lasts before HP start demanding money for services that are not really neccessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment